Saturday, October 31, 2009

Capturing Beauty


I've always been drawn to beauty. What's more, I believe beauty can be found almost anywhere, if your eye is open to it - the contrast of evergreen against a dismal winter sky; the lit catching the sun on a spider's web; a baby who has discovered the joys of their tongue; heck, even the sunset illuminating the dirt streaks on my livingroom window is rather striking. But it occurred to me last night that perhaps the reason I am so captivated by the art of photography is because I can capture the beauty of life through that medium.


When do most people hire a photographer, after all? When they are anticipating beauty in their life and want those moments to be turned into art. That is my personal goal: to not only photograph the day or event, but to turn those moments into an expression of artistic beauty. 

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment