Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Wedding at the Bogetti Estate: Vernalis California

Wedding photography central california
No, the blossoms weren't falling like that. Check out the video at the end of the blog to see how I put this one together.


Talk about a fast wedding. Anita and Tony got in touch with me about their wedding just a few short months before the big day and even though you can’t tell by the photos, we moved through it at a fevered pace. Setup was going on into the early morning hours the day before, followed by final details the morning of. Getting ready ran long (of course), and I ended up running straight from the car to catching the bride walk down the aisle. (Note to coordinators ALWAYS check that your photographer is set to go before you start sending people down the aisle).

Details of wedding dress in barn
The Bogetti Estate boasts a wonderful barn for use with weddings. And credit where credit is due, hanging the dress here before the ceremony was Anita's idea.

Wedding shoes detail shot



Not my favorite way to shoot jewelry, but it's also the only way you can get the super close ups. 

Poor Anita was tucked off in a corner while Tony got a huge room upstairs. Note to hotel staff, ALWAYS give the bride the bigger room. Ugh.

Grooms, while always done getting ready WAY before the bride, almost NEVER have their vows finished.

Tony looking dapper. 

That expression says it all.


Everything always looks better when it's on the bride. This is my preferred way to shoot jewelry details.



Tony's well behaved pup patiently awaiting our return. 
Because of timing, details had to wait until dinner. Thankfully, I was still able to move about the room with my softbox and capture all of those little things that add up to something big in the end.

Lovely details on this cake.

Stole Anita's flowers from her so that I could fill in this shot.

Luckily I was able to find one table where no one had taken a seat yet as dinner was getting under way. Many thanks to the folks sitting around it who weren't bothered by my huge softbox in the middle of the room. It helped me get this wonderful shot filled with so much atmosphere. Want to know what it's like to be seated in the Bogetti Barn? Well, now you know. 






Enjoy that video? How would you like to see a fusion video from this wedding? Well, it's coming soon. Stay tuned. 

Venue: Bogetti Estate in Vernalis, California.

Special Notice: I'm gearing up to start offering hybrid packages. That's photography and videography with a single cohesive vision but I don't debut anything until I know I can deliver the goods. If you want to be a test subject, let me know. If you know someone that already booked their wedding photographer but is playing around with the idea of videography who wouldn't mind me experimenting at their wedding, let me know, this is a great way to get an amazing deal. 

Discounts: Everyone in the wedding party is entitled to a $200 discount for their wedding day.
You can see more from this wedding on our Facebook page here.
If you'd like to find out more about our photography, look us up at www.daveandmel.com
Want to see some editing videos that show a bit of how David works his magic? https://www.youtube.com/user/DefiningDave

And if you want to see cute pictures of our kids along with sneak peeks of what we're working on, follow us on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/dnoceti

1 comment:

  1. Spring weddings are always fun and it is just a great time to plan for a wedding. That is why I have also decided to have a spring wedding and planning to hire Lincoln park wedding venues. What is your opinion on this?

    ReplyDelete