Tuesday, December 29, 2009

And now for something different

It has taken us some time to start catching up on a backlog of sessions to blog. I truly thought that staying at home with the family during the holidays was going to provide me with ample opportunity to take care of all the little business details that get put on the back-burner for me while school is in session. You see, normally, I teach school full-time still, and David is a Stay-at-Home Daddy, Housemaker, Construction-Worker, Garage-Builder, Photo-Editor Extraordinaire... And he makes it all look so simple! And so, as so often happens, I really felt that being off from school and tending to our wonderful 17-month old son would allow me to get all sorts of work done while Dave was putting most of his efforts into finishing off the garage work. I, like so many "working parents", lost sight of all the WORK the other partner puts into keeping everything running smoothly.

Truly, the most meaningful Christmas gifts for me this season was time spent with my husband and son, and the heightened awareness of how very lucky I am to have them in my life.


Thank you, David, for being the amazing man you are.

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment